At Duke Fertility Center, our experienced and compassionate fertility specialists give you the care and confidence you need to make your dreams of building a family come true.
Treatment services and in-person consultation visits to be offered starting May 18th
Due to the Covid-10 pandemic, Duke Fertility Center temporarily halted services. Given that the predicted peak demands on resources has passed and there is evidence of a “flattened” transmission curve, we feel that we can responsibly restart diagnostic and treatment services.
Currently we are offering all diagnostic services and televideo and telephone consultation visits for new and return patients.
We understand that COVID-19 is still present in our community. Here are the things that we are doing to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 while in our clinic:
- Allowing patients the opportunity to choose either an in-person consultation or a televideo or telephone consultation for first or follow up visits
- Check in for visits from the patient’s car
- Encouraging physical distancing and allowing extra time between appointments
- Enhancing visitor restrictions to limit the number of people in our facilities
- Patient, visitor and employee screening prior to entering our facilities
- Mandatory masking and hand hygiene for all patients, visitors and team members
- Adding sanitizing stations to our facility
- Additional cleaning of rooms between patients
Free, Virtual Weekly Support Group for Fertility Patients
Are you feeling anxious and frustrated about the impact of COVID-19 on your family-building plans? The Duke Fertility Center is now offering a free, virtual weekly support group to discuss the experiences of fertility patients and outline helpful coping strategies. The group will be led by our Director of Psychological Services and licensed Clinical Psychologist, Julia Woodward, PhD.
Participation will be limited to the first 15 patients who express interest; an RSVP is required to email@example.com. A ZOOM meeting invitation will be sent to registrants when their RSVP is received.
Guidelines for maintaining confidentiality will be reviewed at the beginning of each group.
Please keep in mind that this kind of group support is not designed for highly distressed patients who need individualized care. If you are feeling highly distressed, please call 919-684-0100 to be matched with an individual therapist or call Dr. Woodward at 919-572-8853 to discuss options.